Friday, March 1, 2013

Your Mike: The winner of our Lincoln/Oscars cartoon caption contest!

Eric Toth is this week’s big winner, as selected by readers. There were a number of funny entries this week, here are a few of my favorites:

"Honest" Abe, as I am sometimes called, could never be president now! - David Nosotti ·

And you thought there was only one guy with big ears who could play a convincing role acting as president! - Woody Stidham

I want to thank the Senate for finally breaking the filibuster on my nomination, it only took 150 years! - Dan Fox

Don't worry. My acceptance speech will even be shorter than 'The Gettysburg Address'! - Lew Goshorn

And most of all, I'd like to thank Kanye for letting me finish.... - Larry Taylor

And I'd like to thank the Academy for voting a bipartisan ticket this year! - Dennis R. Green

We are all equal no matter how much gold we have. - Denise Maynard

Come back on Monday for another rough sketch and another shot at fame, if not fortune!

Become a fan of Mike Thompson on Facebook and follow his updates on Twitter.

You can Tweet and Facebook recommend this blog post by clicking on the icons on this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment